Cilantro & Limes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites — at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Cilantro & Limes!
There are many levels of chefs in the kitchen, from Executive Chef to Prep Cook. I have no trained experience outside of cooking for my family and of course watching a whole lot of Food Network (which totally counts!). Now, I do consider myself a Spectacular Mommy cook taking foods we love and making them a bit healthier.
Of course, I wouldn’t be so spectacular 🙂 without my handy kitchen gadgets! As a working mom I just don’t have all the time I want to spend cooking so, I listed my top 20 Kitchen Gadgets All Mommy Cooks Need Under $30 to help you save time and build your chef’s arsenal.
1. Garlic is an essential ingredient in my house so using a garlic press is without a doubt a must. It helps prep your garlic quicker when cooking and also comes with an easy to use peeler making it doubly quick!
2. How can anyone live without Food Huggers? For a long time I used those plastic vegetable shaped containers but the veggies always went bad before I had to use them again!
3. This kitchen gadget will make you feel a little like Wolverine but so useful when making pulled pork. Shred in seconds instead of hours using little old forks. 🙂
4. Why not make dinner a bit more fun to bring out a picky eaters inner foodie? Kids won’t be able to resist Taco Tuesday with these bright taco food truck holders!
5. Do you ever look at some recipes and ask yourself “How did they do that?”. Well, making delicious looking fruit bowls could never be easier with a melon baller and fruit scoop! This kitchen gadget will make you look like a professional chef!
6. Another tool that will help you look like a kitchen star! This pastry decorating pen will make your finished product looking like it came out of a 5 star bakery.
7. This is a silly one but to me a time saver! I am sure you have seen Rachel Ray with her garbage bowl this is even better because you don’t need to clean the bowl!
8. Creating vegetable noodles is not just a fad anymore but a great way to add variation and veggies to your meals.
9. If your dish calls for lemon or lime you won’t know what you’re missing until you add the citrus zest. Such a simple tool that makes a difference in a meal.
Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater by AdeptChef – Parmesan Cheese, Lemon, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Chocolate, Vegetables, Fruits – Razor-sharp Stainless Steel Blade + Protective Cover, Dishwasher Safe
10. And, of course, you must match the zester with a citrus press to make adding citrus that much easier! I know it doesn’t take a ton of time to manually squeeze juice from a lemon or lime but this way you get to avoid pits!
11. A good cutting board is essential in any home no matter how little or how much you cook. This one has many benefits over the standard wood cutting board.
12. Do you think you would eat less cheesecake during one sitting if they were smaller? Probably not but having a mini cheesecake pan is ideal when your hosting.
13. I find that many people that do not cook often don’t have food processors because they’re known to be expensive however, Hamilton Beach makes a great food processor that is affordable and will help get the job done!
13. Having a good ice cube tray is nice but I am specifically suggesting these for freezing herbs! Having pre-measured garlic, olive oil and herbs are ideal on a busy work night. Plus, the lid is ideal for even just freezing ice.
14. Avocados are like the biggest thing since sliced bread, right? Well, this kitchen gadget makes them easier than ever to help boost up your meal especially when in a hurry.
15. These kids baking tools were a slam dunk in my house! My little baker loves having his own kitchen tools that make him feel special in the kitchen. Why not get the kids involved using safe tools.
16. Unless you’re a professional chef, chopping can take a bit of time especially when you have several ingredients that need to be prepped. This food chopper is compact and perfect if you need
to chop a few things up.
17. I specifically like this one for slicing onions so I can make onion rings. This helps you make perfect slices so each piece is uniform which works well for tomatoes too.
18. I feel like I am starting to form a theme here. Clearly, there are lots of ways to save time when you need to slice, dice, chop, and mince. Having a great pair of sheers always comes in handy in the kitchen and these definitely do the trick when you need to cut herbs.
19. And who could forget the mandoline? Not I! Making vegetable “chips” is a great way to make snack time healthy and this is the perfect kitchen tool that will help you get there in no time!
20. For my last kitchen gadget, I leave you with a breading station. This makes making chicken cutlets or anything you bread simple and mess-free.
For me, being in the kitchen is fun and experimental but with not enough hours in the day, I don’t always have a lot of time to make the things I love. These kitchen gadgets are time savers and really make cooking easier. Plus, you get to spend the extra time at the table enjoying dinner with your family! Or maybe making dessert?
Check out more Hottest Kitchen Musts <– right here.
Let me know if I missed any of your favorite kitchen gadgets in the comments below!